adjective. ['əˈsʌndɝ'] widely separated especially in space.
Words that Rhyme with Asunder
How do you pronounce asunder?
Pronounce asunder as əˈsəndər.
US - How to pronounce asunder in American English
UK - How to pronounce asunder in British English
Example sentences of the word asunder
1. Noun, singular or mass
As far as student loans go, what has been consolidated cannot then be torn asunder.
Quotes containing the word asunder
1. The beauty of the world...has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder.
- Virginia Woolf
2. For this moment, this one moment, we are together. I press you to me. Come, pain, feed on me. Bury your fangs in my flesh. Tear me asunder. I sob, I sob.
- Virginia Woolf, The Waves
3. If God had not permitted the people of Jerusalem to be torn asunder and driven them from the land, but had let them keep it after before, no one could convince them that they are not God`s chosen people.
- Martin Luther, The Jews and Their Lies
adverb. ['əˈsʌndɝ'] into parts or pieces.