Table of Contents
adjective. ['əˈʃʊrd'] marked by assurance; exhibiting confidence.
Rhymes with Assured
How do you pronounce assured?
Pronounce assured as əˈʃʊrd.
US - How to pronounce assured in American English
UK - How to pronounce assured in British English
Sentences with assured
1. Verb, past participle
The church teaches that a person in purgatory is eventually assured a place in heaven.
2. Verb, past tense
Rest assured that you will not lose your money.
Quotes about assured
1. Success is not assured, but America is resolute: this is the best chance for peace we are likely to see for some years to come - and we are acting to help Israelis and Palestinians seize this chance.
- Condoleezza Rice
2. In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.
- Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember
3. According to the moral absolutism that characterizes McCandless's beliefs, a challenge in which a successful outcome is assured isn't a challenge at all.
- Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild
adjective. showing poise and confidence in your own worth.
- assured (English)
- self- (English)
adjective. ['əˈʃʊrd'] characterized by certainty or security.