noun. ['ˈɑːrˌtwɝːk'] photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication.
- visual communication
- nontextual matter
- art (English)
- work (English)
- weorc (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Artwork
Example sentences of the word artwork
1. Noun, singular or mass
Take a large sheet of paper or thin cardstock to use as a background for your artwork.
Quotes containing the word artwork
1. In an artwork you're always looking for artistic decisions, so an ashtray is perfect. An ashtray has got life and death.
- Damien Hirst
2. One false step, and you’ll fall all the way to Tartarus—and believe me, unlike the Doors of Death, this would be a one-way trip, a very hard fall! I will not have you dying before you tell me your plan for my artwork.
- Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena
3. From the very early stage when I started doing performance art in the '70s, the general attitude - not just me, but also my colleagues - was that there should not be any documentation, that the performance itself is artwork and there should be no documentation.
- Marina Abramovic