noun. ['ˈɑːrgjuːɪŋ'] a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement.
- difference of opinion
Words that Rhyme with Arguing
Example sentences of the word arguing
1. Noun, singular or mass
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
How can you stop them from arguing?
Quotes containing the word arguing
1. Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- Abraham Lincoln
2. It's a lazy Saturday afternoon, there's a couple lying naked in bed reading Encyclopediea Brittannica to each other, and arguing about whether the Andromeda Galaxy is more 'numinous' than the Ressurection. Do they know how to have a good time, or don't they?
- Carl Sagan
3. I have to go. I have a finite amount of life left and I don't want to spend it arguing with you.
- Jenny Trout, Ashes to Ashes