noun. ['ˈɑːr, ɝ'] a unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
- square measure
- are (French)
- area (Latin)
- aren (Middle English (1100-1500))
- earun (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Are
How do you pronounce are?
Pronounce are as ər.
US - How to pronounce are in American English
UK - How to pronounce are in British English
Sentences with are
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Traditional turnovers are stuffed with an apple filling but can be made with any number of sweet berries.
Quotes about are
1. Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
- Bob Marley
2. You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success - or are they holding you back?
- W. Clement Stone
3. So you're always honest,"I said."Aren't you?""No,"I told him. "I'm not.""Well, that's good to know, I guess.""I'm not saying I'm a liar,"I told him. He raised his eyebrows. "That's not how I meant it, anyways.""How'd you mean it, then?""I just...I don't always say what I feel.""Why not?""Because the truth sometimes hurts,"I said."Yeah,"he said. "So do lies, though.
- Sarah Dessen, Just Listen