Table of Contents
noun. the Semitic language of the Arabs; spoken in a variety of dialects.
- Arabic language
- arabicus (Latin)
Rhymes with Arabic
How do you pronounce arabic?
Pronounce arabic as ˈɛrəbɪk.
US - How to pronounce arabic in American English
UK - How to pronounce arabic in British English
Sentences with arabic
A natural polymer that's used in hair spray is gum arabic, or tree sap.
Quotes about arabic
1. The sign was spray-painted in Arabic and English, probably from some attempt by the farmer to sell his wares in the market. The English read: Dates-best price. Cold Bebsi. "Bebsi?"I asked."Pepsi,"Walt said. "I read about it on the Internet. There's no 'p' in Arabic. Everyone here calls the soda Bebsi.""So you have to have Bebsi with your bizza?""Brobably.
- Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire
2. At times , he didn't understand the meaning of the Koran's words . But he said he liked the enhancing sounds the arabic words made as they rolled off his tongue . He said they comforted him , eased his heart . "They'll comfort you too . Mrariam jo , "he said . "You can summon then in your time of your need , and they won't fail you . God's words will never betray you , my girl . (pg.17)
- Khaled Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns
3. Arabic science throughout its golden age was inextricably linked to religion; indeed, it was driven by the need of early scholars to interpret the Qur'an.
- Jim Al-Khalili