adverb. ['əˈproʊpriːɪtli'] in an appropriate manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- appropriate (English)
- appropriaten (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Appropriately
Example sentences of the word appropriately
Pet canaries are not dirty birds and require an appropriately sized bath tub filled daily with cool clean water.
Quotes containing the word appropriately
1. I want to do it too!"(sitting motionless)Nudge: "Nope, you stand out like a fart in a church."Max: (muttering) "Appropriately enough."Iggy: "What about me?"(stands still)Max: "No, you're visible."Iggy: "Am not!"Max: (throws a pinecone at him) "Could I do that if I wouldn't see you?
- James Patterson, The Final Warning
2. The stone that was rolled before Christ's tomb might appropriately be called the philosopher's stone because its removal gave not only the pharisees but, now for 1800 years, the philosophers so much to think about.
- Søren Kierkegaard