adverb. ['ˈɛniːˌweɪz'] used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement; anyhow, they're quiet"; anyway, it's gone"; in any case, there was a brief scuffle".
- in any case
- at any rate
- in any event
Rhymes with Anyways
Sentences with anyways
1. Verb, 3rd person singular present
This is also a good time to shear your goat if you plan on doing it soon anyways.
2. Noun, plural
So why would you want to eat sugar after a workout anyways?
Quotes about anyways
1. So you're always honest,"I said."Aren't you?""No,"I told him. "I'm not.""Well, that's good to know, I guess.""I'm not saying I'm a liar,"I told him. He raised his eyebrows. "That's not how I meant it, anyways.""How'd you mean it, then?""I just...I don't always say what I feel.""Why not?""Because the truth sometimes hurts,"I said."Yeah,"he said. "So do lies, though.
- Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
2. A true gentleman is one that apologizes anyways, even though he has not offended a lady intentionally. He is in a class all of his own because he knows the value of a woman's heart.
- Shannon L. Alder
3. You just have to go after what you want and if it doesn't want you back then so be it; it doesn't deserve you anyways.
- Nicole Richie