noun. ['ˌæntiːdɪˈprɛsənt'] any of a class of drugs used to treat depression; often have undesirable side effects.
- tricyclic antidepressant
- antidepressant drug
- medicinal drug
- nontricyclic antidepressant
- monoamine oxidase inhibitor
- nontricyclic antidepressant drug
- selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor
- tricyclic antidepressant drug
- over-the-counter medicine
- over-the-counter drug
- prescription drug
Words that Rhyme with Antidepressant
Example sentences of the word antidepressant
Researchers compared effectiveness and safety of desvenlafaxine, an antidepressant better known as Pristiq, to a placebo.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Patchouli is also used as an antidepressant, an aphrodisiac, and an antiseptic.