Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈænsɝɪŋ'] replying.
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- answer (English)
- answere (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Answering
Sentences with answering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Along with handwriting, students should master the skill of answering a question with a complete sentence.
Quotes about answering
1. Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
- Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
2. God's way of answering the Christian's prayer for more patience, experience, hope and love often is to put him into the furnace of affliction.
- Richard Cecil
3. I've been saying it so long to you, you just wouldn't listen. Every time you said 'Farm Boy do this' you thought I was answering 'As you wish' but that's only because you were hearing wrong. 'I love you' was what it was, but you never heard.
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride