adjective. ['əˈnaɪəˌleɪtɪd'] destroyed completely.
- wiped out
Words that Rhyme with Annihilated
Example sentences of the word annihilated
1. Verb, past participle
It's best to control staghorn beetles before the problem mounts and plants are annihilated.
Quotes containing the word annihilated
1. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
- Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
2. Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.
- Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan
3. Extinguished theologians lie about the cradle of every science as the strangled snakes beside that of Hercules; and history records that whenever science and orthodoxy have been fairly opposed, the latter has been forced to retire from the lists, bleeding and crushed if not annihilated; scotched, if not slain.
- Thomas Henry Huxley, Lay Sermons, Addresses, and Reviews