Table of Contents
verb. ['əˈnaɪəˌleɪt'] kill in large numbers.
- carry off
- wipe out
- keep down
- annihilo (Latin)
Rhymes with Annihilate
How do you pronounce annihilate?
Pronounce annihilate as əˈnaɪəˌleɪt.
US - How to pronounce annihilate in American English
UK - How to pronounce annihilate in British English
How do you spell annihilate? Is it anihilate ?
A common misspelling of annihilate is anihilate
Sentences with annihilate
1. Verb, base form
In your own living room you can do jump rope routines to annihilate calories and fat.
Quotes about annihilate
1. Try as you will, you cannot annihilate that eternal relic of the human heart, love.
- Victor Hugo
2. Very few beings really seek knowledge in this world. Mortal or immortal, few really ask. On the contrary, they try to wring from the unknown the answers they have already shaped in their own minds -- justifications, confirmations, forms of consolation without which they can't go on. To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind. The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner.
- Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat
3. It's very dramatic when two people come together to work something out. It's easy to take a gun and annihilate your opposition, but what is really exciting to me is to see people with differing views come together and finally respect each other.
- Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember