Synonyms
Antonyms
Etymology

1. annals

noun. ['ˈænəlz'] a chronological account of events in successive years.

Synonyms

  • chronological record
  • story
  • chronicle
  • history

Antonyms

  • indirect discourse
  • credit
  • debit
  • unimportance

Etymology

  • annales (Middle French (ca. 1400-1600))
  • annales libri (Latin)

Featured Games

Rhymes with Annals

  • transchannel's
  • flannels
  • panels'
  • panels
  • panel's
  • dannels
  • channels
  • channel's
  • canales

How do you pronounce annals?

Pronounce annals as ˈænəlz.

US - How to pronounce annals in American English

UK - How to pronounce annals in British English

2. annals

noun. ['ˈænəlz'] reports of the work of a society or learned body etc.

Etymology

  • annales (Middle French (ca. 1400-1600))
  • annales libri (Latin)

Sentences with annals


1. Noun, plural
The bullmastiff is "40 percent bulldog" according to the AKC foundation breeding annals, the other 60 percent being mastiff.

Synonym.com