Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈæŋkəl'] a gliding joint between the distal ends of the tibia and fibula and the proximal end of the talus.
- ankel (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Ankle
How do you pronounce ankle?
Pronounce ankle as ˈæŋkəl.
US - How to pronounce ankle in American English
UK - How to pronounce ankle in British English
How do you spell ankle? Is it ankel ?
A common misspelling of ankle is ankel
Sentences with ankle
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Add a blush-colored scarf, a rose-gold watch and cognac ankle boots for a soft but pulled-together ensemble.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Measure from the base of your neck to your ankle.
Wearing a weighted vest or even ankle weights can make mowing the lawn that much more challenging.
Quotes about ankle
1. ...cursing my heels and debating whether it was faster to stop and take them off--damn ankle straps!--or keep running with the potential neck breakers. Wouldn’t that make a charming epitaph? Here lies Cat. Killed not by fang, but Ferragamos.
- Jeaniene Frost, One Foot in the Grave
2. He was conscious of nothing except the blankness of the page in front of him, the itching of the skin above his ankle, the blaring of the music, and a slight booziness caused by the gin.
- George Orwell, 1984