noun. a primeval Egyptian personification of air and breath; worshipped especially at Thebes.
- Egyptian deity
Words that Rhyme with Amen
Example sentences of the word amen
1. Noun, plural
Close your salat with "amen."
Quotes containing the word amen
1. Don't be afraid to be confused. Try to remain permanently confused. Anything is possible. Stay open, forever, so open it hurts, and then open up some more, until the day you die, world without end, amen.
- George Saunders, The Braindead Megaphone
2. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday and sing "Yes gravity is real! I know gravity is real! I will have faith! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!"If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about the concept.
- Dan Barker, Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists
3. We're going to knock those demons out and slay them with the power of Jesus. Hallelujah, can I get an amen?- Timmie
- Jeaniene Frost, Halfway to the Grave
noun. Egyptian sun god; supreme god of the universe in whom Amen and Ra were merged; principal deity during Theban supremacy.