adverb. ['əˈlɔŋˈsaɪd'] side by side.
- along (English)
- side (English)
- side (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Alongside
Example sentences of the word alongside
Ramsay got into kickass shape using military-style workouts and now competes alongside Tana every year in grueling Ironman competitions.
Scissor trusses are often installed right alongside traditional trusses when framing a roof system.
3. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
Use the hoe to dig a two-inch furrow alongside the row of onions, but four inches away.
4. Verb, base form
Serve alone, over a bed of rice or alongside our Buddha Veggie Rice Bowl or Colorful Rice-Pilaf.
Quotes containing the word alongside
1. Even in modern art, artists have used methods based on calculation, inasmuch as these elements, alongside those of a more personal and emotional nature, give balance and harmony to any work of art.
- Max Bill
2. And it's Gryfindor in possession again, as Johnson takes the Quaffle— Flint alongside her —poke him in the eye, Angelina —it was a joke, professor, it was a joke...
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3. I had a dream about you. You took a cruise, and I took a canoe. I paddled alongside your ship out into the Atlantic Ocean and down to the Caribbean. I shouted “I love you” the whole way, but you couldn’t hear me, probably because that man you were with was talking the whole time.
- Jarod Kintz, We Had A #Dream About You