adjective. ['əˈlɝːdʒɪk'] having an allergy or peculiar or excessive susceptibility (especially to a specific factor).
- -ic (English)
- -ique (French)
- allergy (English)
- Allergie (German)
Words that Rhyme with Allergic
Example sentences of the word allergic
Although Maltipoos shed very little, some people still find that they are allergic to them.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Acetone can also sometimes cause a local allergic reaction, or dermatitis, around the nail.
Quotes containing the word allergic
1. If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.
- Lemony Snicket, The Wide Window
2. Lonely people tend, rather, to be lonely because they decline to bear the psychic costs of being around other humans. They are allergic to people. People affect them too strongly.
- David Foster Wallace, A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again: Essays and Arguments
3. The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.
- Richard Pryor