Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈɛrˌpɔrt'] an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo.
- air terminal
- airport terminal
- landing field
- control tower
- flying field
- repair shed
- air (English)
- air (Middle English (1100-1500))
- port (English)
- Porto (Portuguese)
Rhymes with Airport
How do you pronounce airport?
Pronounce airport as ˈɛrˌpɔrt.
US - How to pronounce airport in American English
UK - How to pronounce airport in British English
How do you spell airport? Is it aiport ?
A common misspelling of airport is aiport
Sentences with airport
1. Noun, singular or mass
Train service at the airport can get you to the center of Paris easily.
Quotes about airport
1. It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on earth has ever produced the expression, 'As pretty as an airport.
- Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
2. With each reunion (we) had to learn each other all over again. There was always that nervous moment at the airport when I would stand there waiting for him to arrive, wondering, Will I still know him? Will he still know me?
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
3. I removed all the doors to our love, so you can’t lock yourself away from me. But I didn’t stop there. I also replaced the doors with metal detectors, so I could fondle you more efficiently, like the highly trained professionals do who run airport security.
- Jarod Kintz, At even one penny, this book would be overpriced. In fact, free is too expensive, because you'd still waste time by reading it.