Table of Contents
adjective. ['əˈgoʊ'] gone by; or in the past.
- ago (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Ago
How do you pronounce ago?
Pronounce ago as əˈgoʊ.
US - How to pronounce ago in American English
UK - How to pronounce ago in British English
Sentences with ago
The workforce of today is much different than the workforce of a generation ago.
2. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
Why didn't we think of making edible dishes out of chocolate a long, long time ago?
Quotes about ago
1. What we did ten years ago with the Playstation was a phenomenal success story for the company. That product had a ten year life cycle, which has never been done in this industry.
- Ian Jackson
2. If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
- Mahatma Gandhi
3. Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
adjective. belonging to time long gone.