adjective. ['ədˈvænsɪŋ'] moving forward.
Words that Rhyme with Advancing
Example sentences of the word advancing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
You must be at this level at some point before advancing to the next two.
Quotes containing the word advancing
1. We're not retreating, we're advancing in reverse.' --Skulduggery Pleasant
- Derek Landy, Playing with Fire
2. Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. They had applied their doubts to the very head that had introduced doubt as a tool for advancing knowledge. And in the end they gave the head a nod.
- Russell Shorto, Descartes' Bones: A Skeletal History of the Conflict Between Faith and Reason