Table of Contents
noun. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity.
Rhymes with Adolescent
Sentences with adolescent
1. Noun, singular or mass
Little is known about this disease, which tends to affect adolescent pugs age 2 to 3.
Clinical training at Northwestern focuses on adult psychology, child and adolescent psychology, behavioral medicine and clinical neuropsychology.
Quotes about adolescent
1. Although I'm only fourteen, I know quite well what I want, I know who is right and who is wrong. I have my opinions, my own ideas and principles, and although it may sound pretty mad from an adolescent, I feel more of a person than a child, I feel quite indepedent of anyone.
- Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank
2. When I was a child, when I was an adolescent, books saved me from despair: that convinced me that culture was the highest of values[...].
- Simone de Beauvoir, The Woman Destroyed
3. No adolescent ever wants to be understood, which is why they complain about being misunderstood all the time.
- Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot
adjective. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity.
adjective. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] being of the age 13 through 19.