Table of Contents
noun. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity.
- punk rocker
- young man
- juvenile person
- young buck
Rhymes with Adolescent
Sentences with adolescent
1. Noun, singular or mass
Little is known about this disease, which tends to affect adolescent pugs age 2 to 3.
Clinical training at Northwestern focuses on adult psychology, child and adolescent psychology, behavioral medicine and clinical neuropsychology.
Quotes about adolescent
1. Although I'm only fourteen, I know quite well what I want, I know who is right and who is wrong. I have my opinions, my own ideas and principles, and although it may sound pretty mad from an adolescent, I feel more of a person than a child, I feel quite indepedent of anyone.
- Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank
2. When I was a child, when I was an adolescent, books saved me from despair: that convinced me that culture was the highest of values[...].
- Simone de Beauvoir, The Woman Destroyed
3. No adolescent ever wants to be understood, which is why they complain about being misunderstood all the time.
- Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot
adjective. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity.
adjective. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] being of the age 13 through 19.
adjective. ['ˌædəˈlɛsənt, ˌædoʊˈlɛsənt'] in the state of development between puberty and maturity.