Table of Contents
adjective. ['əˈkʌstəmd'] (often followed by `to') in the habit of or adapted to.
Rhymes with Accustomed
How do you pronounce accustomed?
Pronounce accustomed as əˈkəstəmd.
US - How to pronounce accustomed in American English
UK - How to pronounce accustomed in British English
How do you spell accustomed? Is it acustommed ?
A common misspelling of accustomed is acustommed
Sentences with accustomed
Colonists had become accustomed to running their own affairs through colonial legislatures.
2. Verb, past participle
This good method to use to get accustomed to working with copper at high temperatures.
3. Verb, past tense
Get him accustomed to water in a gentle way.
Quotes about accustomed
1. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.
- Leo Tolstoy, Family Happiness
2. I've learned in my life that it's important to be able to step outside your comfort zone and be challenged with something you're not familiar or accustomed to. That challenge will allow you to see what you can do.
- J. R. Martinez
3. She had become accustomed to being lonely. She was used to walking alone and to being considered 'different.' She did not suffer too much.
- Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn