adjective. ['əˈkaʊntəbəl'] liable to account for one's actions.
Words that Rhyme with Accountable
How do you pronounce accountable?
Pronounce accountable as əˈkaʊntəbəl.
US - How to pronounce accountable in American English
UK - How to pronounce accountable in British English
Example sentences of the word accountable
By making your position public, you also develop an audience to which you are accountable.
Quotes containing the word accountable
1. All my failures as a human being I blame on my father. Life is about accepting responsibility, and it’s time my father started being held accountable for my deficiencies.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. Under the United States Constitution, the federal government has no authority to hold states "accountable"for their education performance...In the free society envisioned by the founders, schools are held accountable to parents, not federal bureaucrats.
- Ron Paul
3. When we fail to set boundaries and hold people accountable, we feel used and mistreated. This is why we sometimes attack who they are, which is far more hurtful than addressing a behavior or a choice.
- Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are