Table of Contents
adverb. ['əˈkɔrdɪŋli'] (sentence connectors) because of the reason given.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- according (English)
- -ing (English)
Rhymes with Accordingly
How do you pronounce accordingly?
Pronounce accordingly as əˈkɔrdɪŋli.
US - How to pronounce accordingly in American English
UK - How to pronounce accordingly in British English
How do you spell accordingly? Is it acordingly ?
A common misspelling of accordingly is acordingly
Sentences with accordingly
Measure the area you want to cover with the scaffold and plan all the dimensions accordingly.
Quotes about accordingly
1. Success or failure depends more upon attitude than upon capacity successful men act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something. Soon it becomes a reality. Act, look, feel successful, conduct yourself accordingly, and you will be amazed at the positive results.
- William James
2. Philosophy ... is a science, and as such has no articles of faith; accordingly, in it nothing can be assumed as existing except what is either positively given empirically, or demonstrated through indubitable conclusions.
- Arthur Schopenhauer, Parerga and Paralipomena
3. We're all fools,"said Clemens, "all the time. It's just we're a different kind each day. We think, I'm not a fool today. I've learned my lesson. I was a fool yesterday but not this morning. Then tomorrow we find out that, yes, we were a fool today too. I think the only way we can grow and get on in this world is to accept the fact we're not perfect and live accordingly.
- Ray Bradbury, The Illustrated Man